The Teaching of Mathematics is Evolving Rapidly
The MathsLeader conferences and resources, inaugurated in London in Autumn 2013, are a set of mathematics activities and content that will appeal to senior teachers and school leaders. MathsLeader provides practical advice and hands on sessions for those managing Mathematics staff and resources at secondary level, those integrating problem solving into the curriculum, and those grappling with engaging students and optimising the latest 21st century technologies.
Return here soon for dates and venues for 2017 to 2020.
Goal of the Conferences:
To provide a forum for senior Mathematics teachers and school leaders to share experience, see best practice and understand the latest developments in the teaching of mathematics to the 11 to 19 cohort.
“A mathematical theory is not to be considered complete until you have made it so clear that you can explain it to the first man whom you meet on the street.” – David Hilbert, German Mathematician
“The essence of mathematics lies in its freedom.” – George Cantor, German Mathematician and Founder of Set Theory
The MathsLeader conferences and resources were borne from the highly successful MathSpeak events 2013 to 2016.
Why attend the
• To learn more about the new tools and techniques in 21st century Maths Teaching
• To understand the use of technology to facilitate teaching, learning and assessment
• To see how to engage with the digital generation
• To participate in Workshops and training exercises
• To share experience, best practice and understanding
Why be Involved?
Dates and Venues
The MathsLeader team have a long and successful career in the teaching and assessment of Mathematics at all levels. To ask them about the conference or any other issue involving the curriculum or assessment please contact us today
The Approach of the Conferences:
• Presentations and Hands-on Workshops from practitioners, experts and suppliers at the forefront of modern teaching of Maths in schools and colleges
• Features - speakers with classroom experience,
• Resources and ideas to take away,
• Practical workshop sessions for school leaders and senior Maths teachers
• ‘brains trust’ Q&A panel,
• Exhibition of important providers,
• High profile key note speaker,
• Opportunity to network with practitioners.
Why be involved in the MathsLeader Conferences?
There is no comparable event to MathsLeader, where Maths Teacher and practitioners can share experience, knowledge and best practice in the teaching Maths with fellow practitioners, experts and suppliers.
Where else can you tackle the key issues involved Teaching Maths in the modern age
To be announced